Change up your workout and go ruck! Grab a back pack (rucksack), fill up your backpack with weight (the military uses between 20-35 pounds, but go with what works for you!), and walk/run/jog 4 miles, 8 miles, or 12 miles to complete your ruck. No weights? No problem! You can fill your backpack with water bottles, water gallons, frozen food, or other common household items. Try to pack the items in as tight as possible. Your participation will help support US Troops through our charity partners: Salute, Inc., and Caritas of Austin, K9s for Warriors, and Semper Fi & America’s Fund.
Here is how it works…
1. Register to ruck 4 miles, 8 miles or 12 miles.
2. Conquer the distance on your own on a course of your choosing, with a weight of your choosing, and then report your time to be added to the national results leader board.
3. Get your gear mailed to your front door and keep on ruckin’!
Use #RuckRun when sharing your photos from your ruck.
The commemorative shirt is included with registration. Add on the finisher medal for $9 extra!
1) Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance (5K, 10K or Half Marathon) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with. If you register by May 3rd, you will receive your gear by Mother’s Day.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or any safe location and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run on May 10th.
4) Post your result! Click the results tab below to learn how.
7:15 a.m. Event Day Packet Pick Up at Start/Finish Location Open
8:05 a.m. Event Day Packet Pick Up Close
8:10 a.m. Parking Lot Closes
8:15 a.m. Kids Dash
8:30 a.m. 5K Start
9:50 a.m. Course Closes
Option 1: Get your packet mailed to you for $12.99 (limited time availability).
Option 2: Packet pick up will be available on Friday, 12/13/19, from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at:
Dick’s Sporting Goods
21830 W Long Grove Rd,
Deer Park, IL 60010
20% off throughout the store
(Valid Friday,Dec 13th, through Sunday,Dec 15th)
Picking up someone else’s packet, don’t forget to bring their signed waiver.
Option 3: Pick up your packet on event morning at the start location (not recommended).
Participant gear must be picked up at pre-event packet pick up or on event day. If you do not pick up your participant gear there will be a fee to have it mailed to you: Post-race event gear registration
UPCOMING EVENTS YOU MAY LIKE
BY: ALL COMMUNITY EVENTS
Tag your Instagram pics with #hotciderhustle
and we’ll feature them here
Johnny Appleseed would have loved this race.